Help Advance Peak Health’s Mission
Peak Health Alliance is searching for a Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer
A full-time position
Reports to: President, Board of Directors
Apply: Send cover letter and resume to [email protected]
The CEO of Peak is the trusted voice and champion for business and economic development and provides visionary and inspirational leadership to the organization and the community. Desired personal behavior attributes: Leader, visionary, inspiring, collaborative.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and effectively manage and develop the staff to accomplish Peak’s goals.
- Ensure an organizational structure with clear roles and accountabilities, and foster a culture that reflects the organization’s values, encourages good performance, and rewards productivity.
- Partner with other communities interested in reducing the cost of health insurance.
- Continually seek to improve and develop processes and systems to enhance operational excellence.
- Ensure compliance on all legal matters.
- Supervise all consultant relationships.
Board Support and Leadership
- Serve as chief liaison to the Board of Directors, including facilitating agenda setting, Board member orientation, and proactive communication and record keeping.
- Lead the creation of annual operating plans and budgets.
- Advise the Board in the development of policies and procedures.
- Assist in the selection and recruitment of Board members and Board leaders who will advance Peak’s mission.
- Plan, oversee, and monitor all financial aspects of Peak, ensuring compliance with all laws, regulations, and accounting standards.
- Provide prompt, thorough, and accurate information to keep the Board appropriately informed of the organization’s financial position.
- Monitor all accounting and fiduciary functions including asset management, banking, payroll, purchasing, taxes, cash management, and financial reporting.
Community, State Engagement and Partnership Development
- Lead partnerships and collaboration with other community leaders in promoting the work of the alliance and the sale of its plans.
- Lead the establishment of an aggressive organizational and collaborative community strategy to grow Peak’s impact across the Western Slope and Rating Area 9, including oversight of local community Steering Committees.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with members, funders, sponsors, and volunteers to ensure essential community ties and widespread support.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with state leadership to promote the work of Peak Health Alliance.
- Monitor community wants and needs; support and translate that understanding into successful health insurance options.
- Develop and support relationships with the broker community.
- Oversee carrier and provider relationships.
- Oversee development of Peak’s brand, champion the brand both internally and externally, and be the public face of the organization.
- Represent Peak Health Alliance through active community involvement, industry associations, the media, and relationship management.
- Oversee the organization’s fund development efforts.
- Play a highly visible leadership role to cultivate support from membership, foundations, government, etc.
- Senior leadership experience, a track record of success and proven results in leading a complex organization.
- Ability to collaborate with community partners.
- Demonstrated ability to build and support an effective, team-oriented staff.
- Exhibit a strong character, with emotional intelligence, authenticity, and a broad perspective.
- Ability to deal calmly, rationally, and tactfully in a creative, quick-paced, and sometimes stressful environment.
- Experience in the following areas is considered essential: guiding and inspiring Board members, staff, and community leaders; cultivating community partnerships; non-profit accounting; and fund development.
- Business acumen, interpersonal savvy, sense of humor, superior interpersonal and organizational communications, and project management skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience implementing modern and innovative health insurance solutions is required.
- Bachelor’s degree plus at least 10 years in progressively responsible and relevant experience required. Master’s degree helpful.