Careers at Peak Health
Peak Health Alliance is expanding our partnerships. And we will be expanding our team, too!
Our offices are in Keystone, Colorado. We provide benefits such as health insurance, paid time off, and a 403-b plan.
Peak is an equal-opportunity employer.
This is a part-time (to start) position responsible for financial and human resource infrastructure for a small healthcare non-profit in Keystone. Ideal candidate has strong management, non-profit or operations experience. Grant-writing a plus. Health insurance, 403b plan, and paid leave included. References and background check required.
- On an annual basis, work with the CEO and board to develop an annual budget that is in line with the organization’s strategic goals
- Partner with the CEO and Board of Directors to regularly monitor the organization’s financial health to ensure Peak’s sustainability. Additionally, present and answer questions about the monthly financial reports to the Finance Committee of the Board of Directors
- Generate accurate and timely financial reports for the organization’s board of directors and management staff to support strategic and tactical decision-making
- Support external auditors and accountants to prepare the annual audit and 990 submissions
- Stay up-to-date with nonprofit best practices for financial management and accounting, and actively seek to implement such best practices within the FIRC
- Maintain PHA’s Quickbooks database, including the organization’s chart of accounts, entering the approved annual budget and all financial transactions
- Process all accounts payable and accounts receivable in a timely and accurate manner
- Input and maintain budget information in Quickbooks for all funding sources, providing detailed and accurate reporting information in a timely manner
- Complete monthly financial reporting, including the statement of financial position, statement of activities, budget reports including variances, and cash flow information
- Ensure that Peak is meeting financial objectives through forecasting, cash flow analysis, monitoring revenues and expenses, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions
- Define and oversee the implementation of accounting policies and procedures that ensure strong internal controls
- Maintain the organization’s financial records in an organized, accurate, and transparent system
Administration & Human Resources
- Serve as the administrator for the FIRC’s health insurance plan, retirement plan, and other employee benefits
- Use Quickbooks payroll to administer all payroll functions, including calculating, entering, and maintaining payroll information for each pay period (calculating employee benefits, calculating employee PTO, submitting twice-monthly 403(b) contributions, and allocating payroll expenses in Quickbooks). Annually, create 1099s
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of five years of experience in financial management and accounting, preferably at a management level and in a nonprofit setting
- Experience in creating customized financial reports and budgets to support a diverse set of funder requirements
- Hands-on experience with nonprofit accounting and knowledge of accounting best practices, including establishing internal controls, maintaining a chart of accounts, entering information into a financial database, overseeing accounts payable/accounts receivable, budget entry, monitoring, and reporting
- Experience in working with external auditors and accountants to prepare the annual audit and 990 tax submissions
- Experience working with a finance committee and board members
- Experience administering payroll and benefit programs
- College degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or a closely related field preferred
REQUIRED PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Highly flexible with a proven ability to work in a deadline-driven environment with many competing and often changing priorities
- Attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy in performing job duties
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills, including the ability to develop and maintain a positive working relationship with the leadership team
- Ability to exercise professional judgement and act with integrity.
- Ability to be successful in a work environment that requires both significant internal collaborations plus working with a high degree of independence and autonomy.