Careers at Peak Health
Peak Health Alliance is expanding our partnerships. And we will be expanding our team, too!
Our offices are in Keystone, Colorado. We provide benefits such as health insurance, paid time off, and a 403-b plan.
Peak is an equal-opportunity employer.
Director of Provider Negotiations
Reports to: CEO
Peak Health Alliance is a Summit County-based nonprofit whose mission is to find ways to provide more affordable, high quality health insurance coverage. Peak Health Alliance operates from three fundamental principles: The first is that data drives health care reform. Secondly, individuals, employers, and communities need to be in the driver’s seat when advocating for community-based solutions to health insurance costs. Finally, rural healthcare has different dynamics, challenges, and solutions than urban healthcare.
The Director of Provider Negotiations analyzes and uses qualitative and quantitative data to inform community negotiating strategies with non-facility and independent providers. The perfect candidate for this role maintains a high level of transparency, strong planning and organizational skills, understands the complexity of rural health care, and can form relationships with opposing parties quickly and effectively.
Essential Duties and responsibilities
- Analyzes all data necessary for Peak’s success
- Is part of Peak’s negotiation team
- Assists self-funded employers with third party administrator (TPA) relationships
- Works with other Peak negotiators to identify data reports and trends for each community related to cost, patient migration, and quality metrics. Helps empower consumers, employers and communities by making complex data easily understandable.
- Works with community steering committees to identify strategies for negotiations
- Negotiates directly with, provider networks, specialists and other types of providers
- Supports carriers in the maintenance of provider directories
- Interfaces with carriers, providers and employers regarding network development
- Provides leadership in the areas of payment reform and practice transformation
- Supports Peak Provider Advisory Committee
- Senior-level negotiating experience
- Deep understanding of all facets of the health care market with experience implementing modern and innovative health insurance solutions
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with community partners
- Understanding of different types of payment metrics including reference-based pricing
- Experience working with rural health care
- Prior experience working for a carrier or hospital system
- Ability to deal calmly, rationally, and tactfully in a creative, quick-paced environment
- Collaborative working skills
- Strong business acumen
- Interpersonal savvy with a sense of humor
- Strong communications and project management skills
- Emotional intelligence, authenticity and a broad perspective
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, Masters preferred
- 10 or more years in progressively responsible and relevant experience